1. Citizen Registration
Ugandan citizens living in Turkey are encouraged to register with the Embassy. This registration enables the Mission to provide essential services to Ugandans in an efficient and effective manner, particularly in emergency situations.
2. Certification of Document
The Embassy verifies and authenticates documents issued from Uganda.
- Photocopy of applicants passport and Turkish Residence Permit
- Original document
- Letter by applicant, providing all salient information
- 60 TL processing fee, payable to the Embassy’s visa account
- Self-addressed return envelope for postage of documents (postage costs will be born by the applicant)
3. Emergency Travel Documents
Passports remain the property of the Government of Uganda and may be withdrawn at any time. It should therefore be handled as a very important document as it is a valuable document and should NOT be altered in any way or allowed to pass into possession of an UNAUTHORIZED person.
If lost or destroyed, the fact should be reported at once to the nearest LOCAL Police and to the Uganda Embassy AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Requirements for Issuance of Emergency Travel Document:
- AFFIDAVIT (For lost Passport)
- APPLICATION FOR A UGANDA TRAVEL DOCUMENT
- Registration Form
- 2 Passport size photos
- In case of lost passport:
- a) Police Report
- b) Sworn Affidavit/Statutory Declaration before a Commissioner of Oaths or Notary Public pertaining to citizenship and the facts surrounding loss of the passport. OR A letter from the Leadership of the Uganda Community in Turkey (UCT) on a headed paper and stamped.
- c) Penalty Fee of 200TL for a Lost Passport (WITH OUT A POLICE REPORT)
- Fee of 12 USD for the Emergency Certificate
- 6. Applicants may be requested to provide additional supporting documentation, in addition to the above.
The Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA), Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration Control (DCIC) announces the operationalization of the new e-Passport portal which can be found at www.passports.go.ug.
To apply online for an e-Passport, one needs to follow the following procedures:
i. Log on to www.passports.go.ug and accept the terms of the service,
ii. Choose the type of service,
iii. Fill in the passport application form,
iv. Choose the mode of payment, print out the application ID with the Payment Registration Number (PRN) and go ahead and pay using the payment mode of your choice cash (over the counter), mobile money, EFT, Pay way and all types of visa cards.
v. After payment, access your account and schedule an appointment on the convenient date for your interview at the Passport Office/ Embassy.
Please come with following attachments;
• Copy of national Identity card or NIRA confirmation letter
• The Passport Application Payment Advice Form
• Bio data page and File No page ( page 45) of the current passport
• A copy of the police report or Sworn in affidavit for lost passports
• Marriage certificates for change of name due to Marriage
• Deed poll and gazette for change of name
• Citizenship certificate where applicable
• 2 passport photos: one must be stamped by the receiving officers
• Proof of profession
• Copy of recommender’s National ID who is not a mission staff.
Reception hours for Ugandan Nationals
Tuesday/Thursday 10:00 – 16:00